648PRO Ice Maker Power
- Does the 648PRO have power supplied to the ice maker regardless of freezer door or drawer position?
- Does power to the 648PRO ice maker cycle off when the freezer door or drawer is open?
- Will the 648PRO ice maker cycle with the door or drawer open?
The 648PRO ice maker will have power supplied to it constantly unless the ice maker is turned off at the control panel by pressing the Ice Maker key.
- This may result in the ice maker turning off and on and dumping ice into the lower freezer section even if the freezer drawer has been removed.
- Neither the freezer door switch nor drawer switches will affect power to the ice maker.
- Starting with software version 3.2.6, the ice maker only has power when the drawer is closed.
- See also, PRO 48 Excessive Ice Production.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820