648PRO Excessive Ice Production
- Ice maker producing too much ice, makes too much ice, will not stop making ice
- Ice bin overflowing with ice
- Ice falls out of drawer or bin
- Ice maker cycles with drawer open
- Ice behind drawer
- Drawer will not close
The ice maker makes eight cubes of ice every 2-3 hours on average.
- The ice bin may take 1-2 days to fill completely.
- All ice makers can be manually turned off by raising the ice level arm (rudder) to the "up" position. Simply removing the ice bin will not work.
- If the unit is overproducing ice, something may be wrong with this functionality.
If the ice maker produces too much ice:
- Verify the ice bin is properly installed.
- Make sure the ice maker shut-off arm is attached to the ice maker.
- Verify the ice maker rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm.
- See also:
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820