Sub-Zero Ice Maker Control Arm Falls Off
- Ice maker control arm will not go back on
- Why does the plastic rudder on the ice maker wire arm keep falling, popping, or breaking off?
- How to secure ice maker sensing or level arm
- How to install the ice maker control arm, connecting rod, or shut-off arm
Sub-Zero ice makers are of two different designs. The most noticeable difference is the ice maker rudder or control arm.
- For images of the control arms, refer to Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
500 Series, 600 Series, and Classic Series
- Plastic ice maker control arm attaches directly to the metal shutoff arm.
- If the white plastic control arm continuously falls off, verify the arm is securely attached to the wire shutoff arm on the ice maker and is not broken.
- The shutoff arm will attach to the ice maker in two locations: into the gear motor housing towards the left of the ice maker and into a hole near the water inlet funnel towards the right of the ice maker.
- The shutoff arm goes through a hole in the front and back of the ice maker, which holds the wire in place.
648PRO, 700 Series, Professional Refrigeration, and Designer Series
- Plastic ice maker control arm connects to a plastic connecting rod on the left side, which connects directly to the metal shutoff arm.
- If the plastic control arm continuously falls off, verify that the left "ski" of the arm is securely inserted into the connecting rod and that the connecting rod is securely inserted over the wire shutoff arm.
- The shutoff arm will attach to the ice maker in one location: into the gear motor housing towards the left of the ice maker.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820