Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Extended Height Grille Option
- Hinges for extended height grille option greater than 88" finished height for a Classic Series (BI) unit
- Recommended hinge manufacturers for extended height grille option for a BI model
- 88" overlay or flush inset grille frame needed for Classic model when extending the grille height above 88"
- Use extended height grille instructions to make any height custom grille
- Installation specifications for an extended grille on the BI Series
- When using an extended grille panel (taller than 88") on a Classic Series (BI) product, the hinges are provided by the panel maker.
- Sub-Zero does not provide the hinges for the extended grille panel kit nor does Sub-Zero specify how to install the hinge hardware.
- Standard hardware companies include BLUM, Grass, Hepla, and Hafele, among other options available.
- Heavy-duty hinges that work with both the cabinetry and the extended height grille are needed.
- Cabinet makers are the best resource to suggest compatible hinges for the specific installation.
- The extended height grille option may also be used for custom grilles above 84".
- Use the standard overlay 84" finished grille frame that comes with the unit when following the instructions for the extended grille panel option.
- Use the 84" grille frame for any height between 84" and 88", or above 88".
- Use the 88" grille frame accessory only for 88" finished height installations.
- For grille panels taller than 88", the extended grille is for flush inset installations only. Do not use with overlay panels in a standard installation.
- When used in an overlay panel application, there is a gaping hole between the back of the grille and the front face of the cabinetry.
- This gap is eliminated in flush inset installations.
- Do not exceed the grille panel weight limit.
- An extended grille can be accomplished with any Classic grille including a dual installation grille.
- Note that there is no sales accessory part for the extended height grille. The refrigerator grille is not taller, only the decorative grille panel.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820