Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Initial Power-Up Procedure
- Why do the lights flicker after a new Classic (BI) unit is powered on for the first time?
- Why did a new BI turn off on its own after the unit was turned on for the first time?
- Why does the model number appear on the LCD when a BI is turned on?
- Is it normal for a BI to shut down after it is turned on for the first time?
All Classic series (BI) units are shipped in OFF mode.
- When electricity is supplied to the unit for the first time by pressing the POWER key, a short diagnostics test is initiated.
- During this test, the unit will power on, display "-- --" (double dashes) followed by the product model number, then power off.
- This is normal operation.
- Press the POWER key an additional time, and the unit will power on normally.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820