Sub-Zero Legacy Classic (BI) Wrench Icon Steady and No Alarm Chiming
- Service icon (wrench) steady, with no alarm chiming
- Classic Series (BI) with service wrench steady and service light steady
- Service icon not flashing
- Possible error codes logged or error codes not cleared after service or regardless of service
- Check temperature setpoints and verify product is cooling to setpoint.
- If any error codes are present, search the specific error code within the knowledgebase for troubleshooting recommendations.
- If no error codes or product issues are apparent, service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
If the unit is connected:
- Open Connected Portal for any active and inactive error codes.
If the unit is not connected, but is connected ready:
- Help the customer connect their unit so error codes can be reviewed before service involvement.
If the unit is not connected and is not connected ready, or customer does not want to connect the unit:
- Make sure the customer has something on hand to record an error code from the unit display, whether written down or with a photo.
- Walk the customer through the instructions for seeing active and inactive error codes. Refer to Technical Assistance section below.
1. Determine Error Code
If CDP is available:
- Use CDP to see any active and inactive error codes.
If CDP is not available and the unit is connected:
- Check Connected Portal for any active and inactive error codes.
If CDP is not available, the unit is not connected or connected ready, or customer does not want to connect the unit, manually show error codes on the unit.
- Press and hold either colder key and then press the power key.
- Release both keys. The error code should appear on the display.
- The code will only appear for a few seconds.
- Write down the code or take a picture of the display with the code on it.
- Error codes are alphanumeric.
2. Address Error Code
Note that if the unit is not connected, but is connected ready, help the customer connect their unit so future error codes can be reviewed before service involvement.
To update unit software, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820