Sub-Zero Legacy Classic Series (BI) Wrench Icon Steady and Alarm Chiming
- Service icon steady and alarm chiming
- Classic (BI) model beeping with the wrench icon illuminated and steady
- Wrench is solid on the control panel on a Classic that is chiming
- Alarm chiming with door shut
- Minor fault code logged (not threatening any temperatures)
- Fault codes not cleared after viewing
If a wrench icon appears and the alarm is chiming:
- If there are any temperature or performance issues; troubleshoot these issues separately.
- If there are no temperature or performance issues:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds then back on again.
- Monitor unit operation.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
It may be possible to stop the alarm from chiming for 24 hours.
- To silence the alarm temporarily, see How to Silence Alarm.
- This silences the alarm for 24 hours, but it will not correct any product malfunctions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820