Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Over/Under Freezer Drawer Not Closing or Sealing
- Classic Series (BI) Over-and-Under freezer drawer difficult to close
- BI freezer drawer rails or glide rails do not move smoothly
- Grease in freezer drawer glides is gummy
- Frost inside of freezer
- Freezer not closing or sealing
- 40-2-40, 40 2 40
- Part numbers 7009397 and 7031885
- Confirm there is no food behind the baskets.
- Open basket to full extension, then try closing it again.
- Confirm that the drawer closer is oriented correctly to close the door.
- The closer latch is on the left side above the rail.
- Make sure that when the drawer is pulled out, the claw is forward as shown. If it is flipped back or broken, it can hold the left side of the drawer out.
- Confirm that the lower basket is not installed backward.
- Lower basket has one edge that is straight, while the other is indented.
- The straight edge goes toward the front of the unit.
- Confirm that the lower basket retainers are not damaged, loose, or broken.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820