Sub-Zero Spacer Panel Material
- Is there a recommended material for the 1/10" thick spacer material for an overlay panel on the 600 Series and Classic (BI) models?
- Can 1/8" Masonite or other material be used as the spacer for an overlay panel on a Classic model?
- Does the spacer have to be 1/10" thick?
- Spacer material suggestion
- What to use for the spacer material?
- Does using a panel mounting kit change the way the unit will look?
As long as the material used for spacer panels is 1/10" minimum and no thicker than 1/8", the material will work to make overlay or flush inset panels.
- Some materials used are superwood, Masonite, and single ply plexiglass.
- Spacer panels are not seen when covered with a custom front panel, and do not need to be finished.
- Spacer material does not need to cover the entire panel surface.
- Sub-Zero provides a custom front panel mounting kit for the Classic Series (BI), part number 7020607.
- Mounting kit is a PVC bracket that is installed on the back of the overlay panel and takes place of the backer and spacer panel.
- The PVC trim is screwed on the back of the panel around the perimeter.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Classic Series Custom Front Panel Mounting Kit.
- Use of the mounting kit will not change the appearance of the unit. It will look the same as a panel installed with a backer and spacer panel.
- The front panel mounting kit strips are about 2" wide.
- This kit works for all Classic models except glass door models (no kit available).
- The kit provides enough materials for the doors, drawers, and grille panels of a single unit.
- Dual installations require two mounting kits for sufficient cleat stock and screws.
- Sub-Zero does not provide instructions for installing the custom panel mounting kit to a 600 Series unit.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820