Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Overlay Retrofit Kits
- Part numbers 7003399, 7003400, 7011531, 7003402, 7003403
- Instruction sheet numbers 7007868, 7007804
- Classic series (BI) overlay door panel retro-fit kit for side-by-side and over/under models
- Can existing overlay grille panel from a previous 600 be used with overlay retrofit panel kit on a BI model?
- How is the overlay/flush inset retrofit panel kit installed on to a BI Side-By-Side and Over/Under unit?
- List of components included with 7003399, 7003400, 7003402, 7003403, 7011531
To reuse an overlay panel from a 600 Series model on a Classic series (BI) model, an overlay retrofit kit is required.
- Existing overlay grille panels from a 600 Series unit can be used on a BI unit.
- Purchase of the overlay/flush inset retrofit panel kit.
- Reduce the grille panel height by 1".
- Existing overlay grille panels from a 600 Series unit can be used on a BI unit with the purchase of the overlay/flush inset retrofit panel kit and by reducing the grille panel height by 1".
- Overlay and flush inset panels must be a minimum of 5/8" thick to support mounting the handle; panel thickness does not include the backer and spacer panel.
- A full-scale template for an overlay or flush inset panel can be found in the Sub-Zero Design Guide.
- Side panels, if present on the 600 Series unit, do not fit the new Classic model.
- Sub-Zero recommends a D-style handle with two points of contact to the overlay panel for durability and ease of opening the door.
- Sub-Zero offers accessory stainless steel tubular and pro handles in various lengths that can be purchased through the local dealership.
- The handles are installed on to the overlay panels before being installed onto the doors/drawer.
- Classic Series Overlay Door Panel Over/Under Retrofit Kit Instructions
- Classic Series Overlay Door Panel Side-by-Side Retrofit Kit Instructions
- Side-by-Side instructions do not list the grille panel trim in the contents list. The instructions for installing the grille panel trim are included on the instruction sheet, and the trim pieces do come with the kit.
|For Models||Includes||Part Numbers and Other Considerations|
|Classic Side-by-Side Models|| |
|Classic Over/Under Models|| |
*Grille panel side trim filler is not called out on the contents list of the instructions, but is included.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820