Replace Sub-Zero Model 642 with Classic Series Model BI-42S or BI-42SID
- Are the opening size and electrical requirements the same for model 642 and Classic Series (BI) model BI-42S or BI-42SID?
- Are the water location and panels the same for model 642 and model BI-42S or BI-42SID?
- Do panels transfer from an old unit to a new unit?
- Can old panels go on a new unit?
- 642 compatibility
|Opening Size||Electrical Requirements||Water Requirements||Items to Verify|
| || || || |
- The panels from model 642 will fit model BI-42S or BI-42SID with the purchase of a retrofit kit.
- Side panels cannot be reused.
BI-42S or BI-42SID Sales Accessories
See also, Classic Framed Retrofit Kits.
See also, Classic Series Overlay Retrofit Kits.
|Grille||7014851 (louvered if desired)||
Reduce overlay grille panel height by 1" if reusing the grille panel from model 642.
7014890 (full-length standard set)
7003465 (full-length extended set)
|Reuse existing handles or mount any custom handles to the door/drawer panels.|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820