Replace Sub-Zero Model 3211 with Classic Series Model BI-48S or BI-48SID
- Are the panels, opening size, electrical requirements, and water location the same for model 3211 and Classic series (BI) model BI-48S or BI-48SID?
- Will panels transfer from an old unit to a new unit?
- 3211 compatibility
- Can panels be reused on a new unit?
|Opening Size||Electrical Requirements||Water Requirements||Items to Verify|
The existing electrical location for the 3211 is in a different location than suggested for model BI-48S or BI-48SID.
The water line location is in the same location for both models.
Verify door clearance for units installed near an island.
The panels from model 3211 will fit model BI-48S or BI-48SID with the purchase of a retrofit kit, grille, and handle.
- Retrofit kit, part number 7005226.
- Louvered grille, part number 7014852.
- Framed handles, part number 7014890 (or an extended handle set, part number 7003465).
- A new handle is needed because the handle is longer so the drill holes will not line up.
- See Sub-Zero Classic Series Framed Retrofit Kits for more information.
- A new reduced height or extended grille will be needed, if used. See Sub-Zero Classic Series Grille Height Options.
- Custom grille panels cannot be reused.
- Side panels cannot be reused as they attach in a different place than the old side panels.
BI-48S and BI-48SID Sales Accessories
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820