Sub-Zero Decrease Height to Move Product
- Will removing a Sub-Zero grille reduce the unit height?
- How to reduce the height of a Sub-Zero to bring it into a home
- Compressor or condenser removal for a Sub-Zero installation
Removing the grille at the top of a Sub-Zero will not reduce the unit's overall height, as the face frame of the unit is behind the grille.
In some circumstances, it is necessary to remove the unit's compressor(s) and condenser to move a Sub-Zero into a home.
- This may be necessary for Classic (BI), Designer (IT, IC), Designer Wine (IW), and PRO models.
- Removal of top-mounted compressors and components decreases the unit height by about 11" and reduces bottom mounts by 8".
- This should be completed by a Factory Certified Service only.
- In areas where compressor removal is frequently required, Factory Certified Service will be aware of which buildings require compressor removal for installation. Contact them for details.
- Once the unit is in the home, reattach the compressor(s) and condenser.
- See also, Moving a Sub-Zero.
Sub-Zero does not cover the costs associated with this type of installation, which is a procedure that the warranty does not cover.
- Factory Certified Service has warranty on their work to remove and reattach the compressor.
- The manufacturer's warranty is not affected, unless the compressor removal directly causes the problem.
- The manufacturer's warranty does not cover repairs for any issues related to sealed system issues that arise from remotely locating compressors.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820