Sub-Zero Dirty Water from Water Dispenser
- Water coming from dispenser is dirty
- Water contains sediment when dispensed
- Water is discolored or cloudy
- Copper corrosion in home water line supplying refrigerator
- Water filter not being used or is dirty
- Construction around home caused sediment to enter water supply
- Verify no service messages, icons, or error codes appear.
- For Classic (BI) and Designer (IT, IC) models, make sure the water filter is not expired.
- For other models, addition of an in-line water filter may reduce discoloration.
- If it is already in place, make sure the in-line water filter is not expired.
- See also, Sub-Zero Water Filter Replacement.
- Discontinue use of the water dispenser.
- Consult with a local plumber to clean the water line leading to the unit.
- A plumber can also purge the home water supply line.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820