Sub-Zero Dispenser Ice Bin Auger Motor Operation
- Will the dispenser auger motor turn if the ice bin is removed?
- How can the dispenser auger motor be tested?
- No noise is heard when the ice dispense or bulk ice button is pressed
- Dispenser auger does not stop spinning
- Auger will not turn
In 500 and 600 Series units, the dispenser auger motor will not turn with the ice bin removed or the freezer door open.
- The auger motor will turn with the ice bin removed in Classic series (BI) units.
- The auger will not turn if:
- Freezer door is open.
- Control panel cable is disconnected.
- Ice may be behind the motor.
To test the auger motor:
- Verify ice dispenser is not locked.
- Verify water dispense feature works.
- Make sure ice bin is properly installed and freezer door is closed.
- Press ice button on the dispenser. The auger motor noise should be audible.
- Press bulk ice button inside the refrigerator section. The auger motor noise should be audible.
- Remove ice bin and press the door switch and ice bin switch if equipped.
- Press ice button on the dispenser. The auger motor should be visible.
- Press bulk ice button inside the refrigerator section. The auger motor should be visible.
- If the auger motor does not stop spinning:
- Make sure ice dispenser key on control panel is not stuck.
- Verify ice bin is installed properly.
- Cycle unit's power at circuit breaker.
- See also, Sub-Zero Broken Dispenser Ice Bin.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820