Sub-Zero Model with Erratic Temperatures on Refrigeration Display
- Temperatures are continuously changing on display
- Unit temperature is repeatedly raising or dropping
- Sub-Zero temperature is not staying the same
- Temperature is constantly going up and down on refrigerator, wine, or freezer control panel
- Airflow or food storage
- Door or drawer ajar
- Thermistor or thermostat
- Control board
- Sealed system
Slight temperature fluctuations may be normal. Refer to Sub-Zero Temperature Fluctuations for more information.
- Make sure that the Sub-Zero is connected to a dedicated electrical supply.
- Reset power at electrical supply source; allow 24 hours for temperatures to stabilize.
- Make sure condenser is clean.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Condenser Cleaning Instructions.
- If unit is overloaded with food items or was recently loaded with food items, it may take up to 24 hours for temperatures to stabilize.
- Rearrange food items if necessary.
- Repeatedly opening unit door or drawer may cause temperatures to fluctuate.
- Leave door or drawer closed for temperatures to stabilize.
- Leaving door or drawer open for an extended period of time will cause temperatures to rise.
- Close door or drawer for temperatures to stabilize.
- Depending on model, shown temperature may raise 1°F for every minute that door or drawer is open; this is considered normal.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820