Handle Placement on Overlay Panel
- What is the ideal location for the handle placement in an overlay application?
- Does Sub-Zero offer a recommendation on where to mount an accessory handle?
- What is the suggested installation of a handle on a custom panel?
- What handle hardware to use on custom panel
Any handle may be used on custom panels for a Sub-Zero product.
- A handle with two points of attachment is recommended.
- Overlay panels must be a minimum of 5/8" thick to support mounting the handle.
Door handles are typically mounted near the edge of the panel opposite the hinge and centered top to bottom.
- The further toward the center of the door the handle is mounted, the more difficult it is to open the door.
- Sub-Zero stainless steel door handles are typically mounted 1-1/2" from the handle side of the door or top of the drawer.
Drawer handles are typically mounted near the top edge of each panel.
- The further down a drawer handle is mounted, the more difficult it is to open the drawer.
- The handle may be set off center, but it will make the drawer harder to open.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820