Sub-Zero Ice Maker Removal, No Ice Maker Removal Kit Available
- How to remove the ice maker in 200/300, 500, 600, Classic, 648PRO, or Undercounter units?
- Can the ice maker be removed if no ice maker removal kit is available?
- The ice maker is not used or the water line is not connected; can the ice maker be removed?
- Is there a kit to remove the ice maker in 200/300, 500, 600, Classic, 648PRO, or Undercounter units?
- Can an ice maker be removed to free up additional storage space in the freezer?
- If an ice maker is removed, will it cause functionality problems?
A kit is not available to remove the ice maker from any 200/300, 500, 600, 648PRO, PRO3650, PRO4850, Classic (BI), Designer (IT, IC, ID), 200 Undercounter, or UC Undercounter Series product. Instead of removing the ice maker, turn it off and do not use it.
- In certain models, the ice maker is connected to other components through the wire harness. Removal of the ice maker may prevent other components or the entire Sub-Zero from working properly.
- Removing the ice maker manually can expose open or loose wires inside the freezer where moisture occurs, creating an unsafe condition.
- A hole where the water fill tube comes into the unit may cause problems with freezer cooling.
- The ice bin can also be removed from the freezer if desired to free up additional storage capacity.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820