Sub-Zero Ice Production After Bucket Removal
- Will ice continue to be made after removing the ice bin?
- Can the ice bucket be removed to make additional ice?
- Will the ice maker turn off when the bucket is removed?
- 648PRO continues to make ice after ice bin removal
- Sub-Zero Classic (BI) and Designer (IT, IC, ID) units continue to produce ice after bucket is removed
On most models, ice production will not stop if the ice bin is removed.
- The ice maker has a delay to stop ice production temporarily if the bucket is removed.
- To stop all ice production, the ice maker needs to be turned off at the control panel.
- See also, Turn Sub-Zero Ice Maker On or Off.
- Classic (BI), and Designer (IT, IC, ID) units will continue to make ice when the ice bin is removed.
- 648PRO models continue to produce ice to fill the drawer before the ice maker shuts off. It will continue to make ice when the ice bin is removed.
- Models 542, 532, 642, 632 will also continue to produce ice after the bucket has been removed.
If ice production stops after the ice bin is removed:
- Make sure the ice bin is properly installed by verifying that it is level and seated in place.
- On some models, the ice bin presses the ice maker switch. This varies from model to model.
- For further troubleshooting, refer to Sub-Zero Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820