Sludge, Ice, or Food Debris in Drain Trough
- Why is there sludge or food debris in the drain trough?
- What causes the drain trough to fill with ice?
- Why is the drain trough freezing over?
- Why do I have to continually clean sludge, food debris, ice, or water from the drain trough?
- Why do I have to clean sludge, food debris, ice or water from the drain tube?
Food debris, standing water, or ice built-up in the drain trough or drain tube located along the back wall may cause this and the drain tube may be clogged.
- The drain trough and drain tube will only be visible on a 200, 300, 500, or 600 Series, refer to 200/300-500-600 Refrigerator Drain Tube Cleaning.
- For 400 Series Wine Storage, 700 Series, Designer Series (IT, IC, ID), 648PRO, and Classic (BI) Series refer to Classic, Designer, 700, 400, 648PRO Drain Tube Clogged.
- The drain tube is not accessible and should not collect food debris or require cleaning; another problem may exist.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820