Sub-Zero 200, 300, 500, and 600 Series Refrigerator Drain Tube Cleaning
- Drain tube is frozen, clogged, or dirty
- Water behind or under crisper drawers
- Water coming out front of refrigerator door
- Ice behind crisper drawer in the drain area
- How to clear, clean, or unclog the drain tube
- 501, 511, 532, 542, 550, 561, 590 clogged drain tube
- 601, 611, 632, 642, 650, 661, 680, 685, 690, 695 clogged drain tube
- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles in drain tube causing clog
CAUTION: Do not to disconnect the drain tube from the drain trough. Do not to put anything down the tube such as a brush, as it may pierce the tube.
2. Remove the crisper glass shelf, then the crisper drawer. Water or ice may collect behind the drawer.
3. If there is ice on the floor of the refrigerator section, make sure the refrigerator temperature is set correctly to 38°F or 5 on a dial control. See Temperature Settings.
6.On 601, 501, and 201 models, also remove the lower grille by removing the screws on right and left corners. Then pull the bottom of the grille out and up to release it.
- If there is standing water in the trough that runs across the back wall, remove the water with a turkey baster, sponge, or towel.
8. The drain trough extending across the back of the refrigerator is now visible. Use the turkey baster or similar to squirt or pour the bleach solution down the drain until it no longer overflows into the refrigerator. The solution should drain into the pan below the unit.
9. When done, remove and clean the drain pan, since solution sitting in the pan could damage the plastic. See Sub-Zero Drain Pan Removal.
- If a drain pan heater kit with coils is installed which prevents removal of the drain pan, leave the drain pan in place and use a turkey baster to empty it.
- This is for all models except 601 and 501 models.
- Compressed air may be used to clear out the drain tube.
- If water collection is a concern while waiting for service, place towels on the floor of the appliance or on the kitchen floor in front of the unit.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820