Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero
- How to manually defrost the freezer section
- Ice or frost building up inside top area of freezer section
- Ice on the back wall of the freezer
A manual defrost is completed by disabling the refrigerator or freezer section.
- It is possible to disable the freezer or refrigerator section alone in Sub-Zero units with an electronic control panel.
- For other units, the unit as a whole can be turned off at the control panel.
- For dial control units, turn the control down past 1 to the "off" position.
- Classic (Formerly Built-In) Series Manual Compartment Disable Instructions
- Designer (Formerly Integrated) Series Manual Compartment Disable Mode
- 648PRO Manual Zone Disable
- 700 Series Manual Compartment Disable Instructions
- 600 Series units:
- Starting with serial number 1810000: 600 Series Disable Single Section Starting with Serial Number 1810000
- For 600 Series units prior to serial number 1810000, it is not possible to disable a single section.
- See also, 600 Series Disable Single Section Prior to Serial Number 1810000.
- 200, 300, and 500 Series Sub-Zero products have dial controls.
- Refer to Turn Off Dial Control Refrigerator or Freezer for more information.
General tips for defrost:
- Remove food and place in another unit if possible.
- Place towels on the floor of the freezer or refrigerator, or on the kitchen floor in front of the unit to catch water created during the defrost process.
- Leave the door open during defrost. The entire defrost process could take several hours, depending on the original circumstances requiring the process.
- Alternatively, fill a bowl with hot water and place inside the freezer with the door closed. As the hot water evaporates, it may speed up the defrosting process, but this does require frequent changing of the hot water.
- Wait 24 hours for the unit to return to normal temperatures after correcting any of the above.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820