600 Series Disable Single Section Starting with Serial Number 1810000
- Deactivate zone in 600 Series unit
- Starting with serial number 1810000, can one section be turned off?
- Is it possible to disable only one section of a 600 Series Sub-Zero?
- How to shut off just the refrigerator or only the freezer in a 650, 611, 632, 642, 661, 685, 695?
- Can one section be shut down for cleaning?
- How to disable a compartment on a 600 Series model
In 600 Series models, starting with serial number 1810000, it is possible to disable only one section for cleaning or service purposes.
- This does not apply to models 601R and 601F.
- Note: 600 Series prior to 181 SN's can not disable a single zone via the control panel. Would need to disconnect the offending zone's compressor wire (Gray for refer side, Purple for freezer side) at the compressor as well as disable lights and fan at the switches if they want to leave the door(s) open to defrost a zone.
- See also, 600 Series Disable Single Section Prior to Serial Number 1810000.
To disable one section:
- Turn the unit off, using the Unit On/Off key.
- Press and hold the Warmer key of the section you want to disable.
- While holding the Warmer key, turn the unit back on by pushing the Unit On/Off key.
- Release both keys.
- The disabled section will be indicated with "--" (double dashes) in the control center display panel.
- To return the unit to normal operation, repeat the steps above.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820