Sub-Zero Does Not Turn On
- Sub-Zero does not turn on, does not have power
- Refrigerator or freezer will not turn on, power up or start up
- Pressing "power" or "unit on/off" key has no effect
- No power to unit
- Dead on arrival (DOA)
- Electrical supply issue
- Control board issue
- Electrical issue
- If unit is new installation:
- Classic (BI) Series units will power off after initial start-up, refer to Classic (BI) Initial Power-Up Procedure for additional information.
- Make sure unit's electrical supply meets specifications.
- If unit was moved, make sure the unit sits in an upright position for 24 hours before plugging the unit in and turning it on.
- Refer to Moving a Sub-Zero for more information.
- Verify unit door or drawer was not left open for an extended period of time:
- Verify unit light switch is operational:
- Verify unit is not in Sabbath Mode:
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Verify unit's power cord is securely plugged into electrical outlet. Unplug unit and plug back into outlet.
- Verify electrical outlet has power. Plug in a different appliance, extension cord, or phone charger to test.
- Verify unit is not connected to a GFCI. Are any other appliances or outlets not working?
- 700BC, 700BR, 700BF, and drawer section of 427R only:
- Make sure wire harness (control cable) is securely inserted into back wall of cabinet and control panel.
- For Designer (IT, IC, ID) Refrigeration models, see Designer Controls Do Not Work.
- See also, Sub-Zero Shuts Off by Itself.
- If the unit still does not turn on after these steps are complete, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Installation Guide for further installation information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820