KITCHEN DESIGN CONTEST FINALISTS REVEALED
Click to watch the videocast announcing the 2017-2018 KDC Finalists, get an exclusive first look at their kitchen designs, and share the news.
International Finalists and Co-Entrants
- Chris Connell - Chris Connell Design
- Rob Mills - Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors
- Kirstyn Lloyd - Maker + May
- Erika Lancini - Studio Lancini
- Miriam Fanning - Mim Design
- David Selden - David Selden Design
- James Fitzpatrick - fitzpatrick+partners architects
- Louis Beliveau - La Firme
- Johanie Gariépy - Symbiose Design - Atelier de création
- Joannie Fortier - Symbiose Design - Atelier de création
- Martin Brabant - Évolution Architecture Inc.
- Anna Simone - Cecconi Simone Inc.
- Alessandra Cipriani - Alessandra Cipriani Architetto
United KingdomBelsize Lane
- Naomi Peters - McCarron and Company
United States Finalists and Co-Entrants
District of ColumbiaBlack Metal and White Plaster
- Donald Lococo - Donald Lococo Architects
FloridaBayfront Rustic Hideaway
- Erika Powell - Urban Grace Interiors, Inc.
- Catherine Zanghi - Chancey Interior Design
- Sandra Diaz-Velasco - Eolo A & I Design
- Christine Pokorney - Clemens Bruns Schaub Architect & Associates, P.A.
- Clemens Bruns Schaub - Clemens Bruns Schaub Architect & Associates, P.A.
- Karen Ferguson - Harrison Design
- Laura Lee Samford - LLS Furniture and Interior Design (Linkedin account)
- Josh Brooks - Brooks Construction Group, LLC
- Matthew Quinn - DESIGN GALLERIA Kitchen and Bath Studio
- Yong Pak - Pak Heydt & Associates LLC
- Lauren Deloach - Lauren Deloach Interiors (Instagram)
- Dan McFadden - PB Kitchen Design
- Ryan Dunham - Oakley Home Builders
- Debbie Larson - PB Kitchen Design
- Christina Samatas - Park & Oak Interior Design
- Renee DiSanto - Park & Oak Interior Design
- Michael Abraham - Michael Abraham Architecture
- Joel Rafferty - Michael Abraham Architecture
MinnesotaBaltimore Row House
- Bria Hammel - Bria Hammel Interiors
- Thomas B. Wall - Mitchell Wall Architecture & Design
- Rachael Dolan - Mitchell Wall Architecture & Design
North CarolinaCharlotte: Carmel Country Club Project
- Frank Smith - Frank Smith Residential Design, Inc.
- Kimberly Mauney - Kim Mauney Interiors
- Phil Goodwin - Goodwin Classic Homes, Inc.
New JerseyA Room with a View
- Heidi Piron - Heidi Piron Design & Cabinetry
- Bridget Mate - Heidi Piron Design & Cabinetry
- Dave Rosen - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
- John Cortese - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
- Tom Conway - Rosen Kelly Conway Architecture & Design
UtahBreath of Miami – Student Winner
- Madison Ditton, Utah State University
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS, ELEVATE YOUR CAREER
“It’s a fantastic affirmation for us as designers and architects, but it’s also great for our clients. They’ve been very supportive and they’ll be excited for us because they’ve come along for the ride, as well. This award gives us the confidence to design on a high level and to try and work as hard as we can to make every job we do better than the one before.”
Fergus Scott | Fergus Scott Architects
“This is the best kitchen design contest in the industry. The projects are from all over the world. You meet great people and you see great design. Being exposed to other people’s work is inspiring and the entire event is just a lot of fun. To be a part of something this big is terrific.”
Mick De Giulio | de Giulio kitchen design
“Winning the KDC catapulted my business, truly. From that moment, because of Sub-Zero’s PR, and my presence on their website, it’s a new paradigm completely.”
Jean Stoffer | Jean Stoffer Design
“For me, this is a landmark moment to boost our career and continue to push forward, not only creating inspiring spaces, but to influence the community.”
Brandon LeRoy | Jackson & LeRoy
"Entering the Sub-Zero and Wolf Kitchen Design Contest has changed my career in ways I never imagined, substantially and with momentum. The first time I placed as a Regional Winner was for the design of my own kitchen. This came with a certain personal and professional validation that encouraged me to apply again. The second Regional Winner award triggered inquiries to develop designs for those outside my circle, increasing my portfolio. The publicity and incoming work that followed a third award aided me in launching my architecture practice, and a fourth award delivered a stream of clients interested in investing in design. Entering the KDC has helped me to create an office that supports a team of seven with a client base that appreciates our design approach.”
Stacy Eisenmann, AIA|Eisenmann Architecture
“Winning the Kitchen Design Contest boosted my confidence and exposed me to a much broader market. I was suddenly designing kitchens for clients all around the country and internationally. The recognition also caught the attention of kitchen and bath product manufacturers and this win was the starting point of my product licensing division. All in all, this win and my relationship with Sub-Zero and Wolf since has been one of the most important game changers in my career.”
Matthew Quinn|Design Galleria Kitchen and Bath Studio, Atlanta
Build your business and elevate your career by claiming your place as one of the industry’s best. The entry process takes less than 30 minutes.
Once the entry period has closed, the judges will review each kitchen and hand-select the top entries from around the world in Spring 2019.
Global winners announced
Twenty-nine finalists and one student winner will receive a trip for two to the Winners’ Summit & Gala. Location: Charleston, South Carolina.