Standard and Extended Framed Handle Differences
- What is the difference between a standard framed handle and an extended framed handle?
- When to use an extended framed handle instead of standard framed handle
- How much further does an extended handle stick out?
- How much more hand clearance do extended framed handles offer?
Framed handles are L-shaped and run the length or width of a refrigerator or freezer door.
- A standard framed handle is perfect for use with 1/4" thick framed panels and offers about 1" of finger clearance between the edge of the handle and the front of the door panel with a 1/4" panel applied.
- An extended framed handle is ideal for use with raised framed panels thicker than 1/4".
- Extended framed handles offer 3/4" more finger clearance than a standard framed handle.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820