Sub-Zero Error Code EC50 and Service Flashing
- Error code EC 50 and Service flashing on display
- How to reset EC50 flashing
- Panel is flashing, toggling between numbers and EC with a service light
- Excessive refrigerator compressor run
If EC50 and Service are flashing on the control panel, check the following.
If temperatures are high:
- It is not likely to be a door ajar issue, and service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
If temperatures are near normal:
- First Clean the Condenser.
- After cleaning the condenser, press and hold the door ajar alarm key (bell symbol) on the control panel for 15 seconds to clear the error code.
- Only clear the error code if temperatures are near normal.
- If temperatures do not return to normal, or continue to rise, do not clear the error code. If a service call is required, the error code helps service verify the cause of the problem.
Note that for Designer (ID, IC, IT) products, make sure the kickplate is not completely covered by a custom toe kick or enclosed in custom cabinetry.
- Even if unit has worked like this for years, it can cause issues including sealed system failure. Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for design specifications.
If the error code or Service message returns, or if temperatures rise, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820