Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System
- Can the water supply for a Sub-Zero unit come from a reverse osmosis (RO) system?
- Can Sub-Zero with an internal water filter be connected to a reverse osmosis system?
- Are there any concerns when using a reverse osmosis system?
A reverse osmosis (RO) system may be used with Sub-Zero products. Sub-Zero does not have a specific reverse osmosis brand recommendation.
- It is acceptable to connect a non-water filter model to a reverse osmosis system as long as the water pressure stays steady and is adequate between 35 - 120 psi.
- This makes sure that the ice maker will operate properly.
- Consider adding a pressure booster or regulator if water pressure is inconsistent or too low.
- Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions on boosters.
- Do not use copper after the reverse osmosis system, as this can cause leaching. Check with your reverse osmosis provider.
- For Sub-Zero models with an internal water filter installed, such as a push-in or twist-in filter, it is advised to bypass this internal filter when connecting the product to a reverse osmosis system.
- See also, Bypassing Water Filter on a Classic Model.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820