Sub-Zero Drain Pan Fills Up Quickly
- What causes a drain pan to fill up?
- Why is there water in the drain pan?
- How much water should be in a drain pan?
- Drain pan overflow
Several factors contribute to water in the drain pan, such as temperature setting, defrost cycles, food storage, and ambient room temperatures or humidity levels.
- Some factors that can contribute to an excess amount of water in the drain pan include lack of condenser cleaning, torn gaskets, and sealed system issues.
- It is normal for water to be in the drain pan. However, the drain pan should never overflow with water.
- Amount of water in the drain pan varies by humidity, temperature, and how much the unit is running.
- Drain pans can be half-full regularly, which is not an issue.
- Drain pan condensation evaporates as the unit runs, so it is not necessary to empty it regularly.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820