Use a Sub-Zero Without a Handle
- Can a handle be attached to an unfinished door?
- Opening a door without an overlay panel
- Temporary handles to use until custom panel is installed
It is possible to open a Sub-Zero with an unfinished door, but opening it can be difficult.
- Flush inset and Designer (formerly Integrated) models will be very difficult to open if fully installed.
- The reveals for flush inset and Designer (formerly Integrated) models make the side of the door very difficult to access.
- It is not possible to attach handles directly to unfinished doors.
- Any material, like a sheet of plywood, can be used as a temporary door front with handles attached if needed.
- Classic (formerly Built-In) units may use Framed handles without a custom door panel, if needed.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820