PRO3650 and PRO4850 Refrigeration Door and Drawer Alarm
- How long does a door or drawer need to be open before the door ajar alarm beeps?
- Adjust the time before the alarm beeps
- How do you turn the PRO 36 door alarm off or on? Can you disable the door ajar alarm or adjust the volume?
- Why is the door ajar alarm only working for the refrigerator or freezer side?
- Door or drawer ajar alarm going off even with door closed; causes of door ajar alarm
- Silence the PRO 48 alarm
- Door alarm icon flashing
Door Alarm Tips
The door ajar alarm sounds when a door or drawer is open for a set period of time.
- On PRO3650 and PRO4850 products, the door ajar alarm is adjustable for volume, pitch, and duration before the alarm sounds.
- It is not possible to silence the alarm but it can be turned off completely.
- The alarm monitors the refrigerator and freezer door(s) and/or drawer(s).
- When activated, the door alarm shows a bell icon on the display panel.
- The appearance of the bell icon changes on the control panel depending on how the door alarm set:
- When the door ajar alarm is turned on, the bell icon darkens.
- When the door ajar alarm is on and activated (door was left ajar), the bell icon flashes.
- When the door ajar alarm is turned off, the bell icon appears as light gray, depending on display contrast setting.
Adjust Volume, Pitch, Duration of Alarm
Adjust the amount of time before the alarm sounds under the settings menu. The range is between 5 and 90 seconds. To adjust the volume on a Professional series unit:
5. Tap the alarm delay time to adjust the number of seconds before the alarm sounds.
Door Ajar Alarm Troubleshooting
If the door ajar alarm is sounding and the door or drawer is closed, something is blocking the door from closing.
- Refer to Door Will Not Close for suggestions.
- If the alarm does not stop, check the door switch found at the top of the door near the hinge, as it may not be closing properly.
- If the alarm works for just the refrigerator or just the freezer, the alarm is sensing the door switch.
- If the door is slightly open but the switch is not sensed as open, the alarm may not work. Verify the door is closed.
- Open the door fully to see if the alarm turns on after set period of time.
- If the bell icon is turned on but the chime does not sound, or if the chime has become hard to hear, reset the breaker for 10 seconds.
- See also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820