Wine Storage Temperature Alarm Connected to Home Alarm System
- How does temperature alarm on 400 Series connect to home alarm system?
- When does the home alarm system get triggers from the Wine Storage unit?
- What happens when temperatures rise on UW-24 Undercounter Wine Storage connected to home alarm system?
- How to test alarm operation in a WS-30?
400 Series Wine Storage and UW-24 Undercounter Wine Storage products have a temperature alarm that chimes when temperatures are too cold or too warm.
- The WS-30 is considered a 400 Series Wine Storage unit.
- The Wine Storage unit may be connected to a home security system using wiring identified for home security connections.
- The home alarm wires are connected to switches in the control board; one lead is NO (normally open) and the other NC (normally closed). A third lead is ground.
- Having one NO and one NC switch defines their “idle” state.
- When an event occurs, they change to their opposite state, which creates the error and alarm.
- The home security system company is typically responsible for connecting a Wine Storage product to the alarm system.
- In order to test the alarm, open the unit and allow it to warm to the setpoint that will trigger the alarm.
- An audible chime indicates temperature is below 32°F or 15°F (8°C) above the set temperature.
- See also, Designer (Formerly Integrated) Wine (IW) Home Security Connection.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820