Wolf Clock Losing Time
- Could operating a Wolf product on a generator cause the clock to lose time?
- Clock keeps losing time or gaining time
- Power outage caused clock to lose time
- Time on clock is always incorrect
- Clock uses line frequency to keep time
- Electrical supply source
If a Wolf product is not showing the correct time, reset power to the product at the circuit breaker, and then set clock to proper time.
- When power is disrupted the clock will flash the current time, indicating a power outage occurred.
- Press enter to confirm the time of day.
- If unit is being powered by a generator, it is possible that the generator is causing the unit to lose time.
- See also, Wolf Product Generator Considerations.
- Wolf does not recommend running a unit on generator power.
- Many home generators do a periodic self-test. Though the generator may not be powering the home, it can still cause the clock to not keep proper time.
- Drop-Down Door Microwaves (MDD) and Speed Ovens (SPO) use line frequency to keep time. Use of a generator will cause the clock to be off due to variations in the generator frequency.
- Restore the unit to standard power.
- Refer to the product Installation Guide for electrical specifications.
- If the unit Connected to the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App, refer to Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Time Sync on Connected Products for more information.
If the clock continues to lose time while connected to the specified power source, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820