Cooktop Installed Above Wall Oven Compatibility
- Can an Electric, Induction, or Gas Cooktop be installed above a Wall Oven?
- Can a Wall Oven be installed beneath an Electric, Induction, or Gas Cooktop?
- Design and installation specifications for installing Wall Oven beneath Electric, Induction, or Gas Cooktop
- Installation and design specifications for installing Electric, Induction, or Gas Cooktop above Wall Oven
An Electric, Induction, or Gas Cooktop can be installed above a wall oven:
- 1/4" clearance is required between all cooktops and wall ovens. Clearance is measured from the bottom of the cooktop burner box.
- The Teppanyaki Module requires a minimum 7/8" from the bottom of the unit to any material below (including a wall oven).
- Typically the width of the cooktop and wall oven is the same to give the design a more balanced appearance.
- The size of the cooktop can be different than the size of the wall oven. However, the electrical/gas connection for the cooktop typically fits within the back/rear recessed area of the wall oven. If the cooktop is smaller than the oven, the electrical/gas connection will not align with the oven recess and could affect clearances.
- To prevent installation issues when installing a different-sized cooktop over a different-sized wall oven, pay detailed attention to installation and design specifications.
- Some wall oven models have a cutout to make space for the electrical hookups of a cooktop installed above it. Not all models feature this. Refer to the product installation guide for model-specific details.
- For CG365C Contemporary Gas Cooktops, refer to CG365C Contemporary Gas Cooktop Installed Above Wall Oven for more information.
- Rangetop units (SRT) cannot be installed over a wall oven. The height needed would make using the rangetop very difficult, and Wolf does not have installation specifications for this application.
- To see what units pair well together, refer to the Wolf Design Guide or to Reveal, the custom specification tool, for design specifications.
- Wolf Stacked Installation
- Cooktop Installed Above Convection Steam Oven
- Installing Appliances Next to Each Other
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820