Module Cooktop Installation with 45" Downdraft
- Is a support bracket required for the DD45 when installing cooktops or Module Cooktops?
- Why is there no integrated module support bracket available for the DD45?
- Why is a support bracket required for the DD30 but not the DD45?
- Can the 45" Downdraft be installed with a single cooktop cutout that is less than the downdraft width?
Unlike Downdraft model DD30, model DD45 does not require an additional support bracket when installing 3 - 15" Module Cooktops or a 30" Cooktop with a 15" Module Cooktop.
- The DD45I and DD45R have a support bracket built into the frame of the downdraft to support cooktop and module installation.
- Models DD30I and DD30R do not have this support bracket built in.
- New 14” Downdrafts (DD30, DD36, DD45) do not require a support bracket for use with a cooktop as they all have a rear support bracket built into them.
- The support bracket runs the width of the downdraft, and the back edge of the cooktop sits on the edge of the bracket.
- Downdraft model DD45 cannot be installed with a single cooktop. If the cooktop cutout is less than the downdraft, there is not enough space to insert the downdraft into position.
- See also, Module Cooktop Bracket for 30" Downdraft Installation Instructions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820