R Series and GR Series Gas Range First Time Oven Use Burn-In Process
- Do you have to remove the oven racks in an R Series or GR Series Gas Range oven before doing the initial burn-in?
- Does the burn-in remove the oil and grease from the oven glass and oven cavity?
- Are cracking or popping noises during the burn-in process normal?
- What needs to be done before an oven is used for the first time?
- Oven burn-in instructions, mode, temperature, and time information
- Oven start-up burn-in instructions
- Burn-in process for ovens
Before an oven is used for the first time, the oven interior should be cleaned and a burn-in may be required.
- Wolf recommends discarding any food that is cooked in the oven before the first-time use and burn-in process is completed.
- Oven racks can stay inside the oven during this burn-in.
- Remove broiler pans from the oven before proceeding.
- For units with two ovens, the burn-in process can be done in both ovens simultaneously.
- Animals sensitive to odors may be impacted by the burn-in process. Use ventilation and move pets to an area away from the kitchen as needed.
- The unit's cooling fans run after the burn-in is complete.
- There is no set time on how long it will take for an oven to completely cool after use.
- See also, First Time Oven Use Burn-In Process.
Prior to First Time Use:
- Clean the oven's interior, door, and glass with soap and water, then thoroughly dry.
- Turn on ventilation.
- Set oven to Bake at 500°F (260°C) and allow oven to heat for 30 minutes.
- Set oven temperature to Broil in large oven for an additional 30 minutes (small oven does not have broil element).
- Turn oven off and allow it to cool gradually with door closed. A small amount of smoke and odor is normal.
- Once the burn-in is complete, the oven is ready to use.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820