Wolf Oven First Time Use Burn-In Process
- Do you have to remove the oven racks in a Wall Oven before doing the initial burn-in?
- Does the burn-in remove the oil and grease from the window and oven cavity?
- Are cracking or popping noises during the burn-in process normal?
- What needs to be done before an oven is used for the first time?
- Oven burn-in instructions, mode, temperature, and time information
- Oven start-up burn-in instructions
- Burn-in process for ovens
Prior to First Use
Before using the oven for the first time, the oven interior should be cleaned and a burn-in process performed. The burn-in process is used to ensure that all residual oil from the manufacturing process has been removed.
- Wolf recommends discarding any food that is cooked in the oven before the burn-in process is completed. The flavor could be affected.
To clean the oven prior to burn-in, refer to the Wolf Cleaning Guide.
- Animals sensitive to odors may be impacted by the burn-in process. Use kitchen ventilation (range hood, open a window, etc.) and move pets to an area away from the kitchen as needed.
- Remove the broiler pans from the oven before proceeding.
- Oven racks can stay inside the oven during this burn-in.
- For units with two ovens, the burn-in process can be done in both ovens simultaneously.
- The unit's cooling fans run after the burn-in is complete.
- There is no set time for how long it will take for an oven to completely cool after use. See Electric Oven Cooling Fan Operation for more information.
- Dual Fuel Range: Dual Fuel Range First Time Oven Use Burn-In Instructions
- Legacy Dual Fuel Range: Legacy Dual Fuel Range First Time Oven Use Burn-In Instructions
- Induction Range: Induction Range First Time Oven Use Burn-In Instructions
- R Series or GR Series Gas Range: R Series and GR Series Gas Range First Time Oven Use Burn-In Instructions
- E Series Wall Oven: E Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
- Legacy E Series Wall Oven: Legacy E Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
- 24" E Series Wall Oven SO24: 24" E Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
- L Series Wall Oven: L Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
- M Series Wall Oven: M Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
- Convection Steam Oven:
- Speed Oven: Speed Oven First Time Use Burn-In Instructions
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820