24" E Series Oven First Time Use Burn-In Process
- Do you have to remove the oven racks in a 24" E Series Oven (SO24) before doing the initial burn-in?
- Does the burn-in remove the oil and grease from the oven window and oven cavity?
- Are cracking or popping noises during the burn-in process normal?
- What needs to be done before an oven is used for the first time?
- Oven burn-in instructions, mode, temperature, and time information.
- Oven start-up burn in instructions
- Burn-In process for ovens
Before an oven is used for the first time, the oven interior should be cleaned and a burn-in may be required.
- Wolf recommends discarding any food that is cooked in the oven before the first-time use / burn-in process is completed.
- Oven racks can stay inside the oven during this burn-in.
- Remove broiler pans from the oven before proceeding.
- Animals sensitive to odors may be impacted by the burn-in process. Use ventilation and move pets to an area away from the kitchen as needed.
- The unit's cooling fans run after the burn-in is complete.
- There is no set time on how long it will take for an oven to completely cool after use.
- See Electric Oven Cooling Fan Operation for more information.
- See also, First Time Oven Use Burn-In Process
Prior To First Time Use:
- Clean oven thoroughly with hot water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Turn on kitchen ventilation. Some smoke and odor is normal.
- Overate the oven on "BAKE" mode at 570° for 1 hour after it has preheated.
- Oven cracking or popping noises the first few times of use is considered normal.
- It is not necessary to remove oven racks or guides for the burn-in process.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820