Ventilation Hood Blower Does Not Operate
- Hood blower does not turn on.
- Ventilation fan does not work on all speed or power settings.
- Hood fan variable control does work, either turns on or off only.
- Ventilation blower runs as soon as power is supplied, does not turn off.
- Blower stops working after running for some time.
- Installation issue
- Blower control switch
- User interface (control)
- Control assembly
- Circuit board
- Verify unit installation. Refer to the product Installation Guide for further information.
- If equipped, make sure the air diverter is installed properly.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again. Retest the unit operation.
- Make sure blower motor plug is plugged into outlet in the hood.
- Hoods may use one or two blowers.
- Each blower has its own power cord and receptacle.
- There are two receptacles in the hood.
- If a hood has only one blower, only one receptacle will be used
- Ensure filters are clean and installed properly.
- If visible with filters removed, make sure damper is opening when blower is on. Damper may be audible as it opens and closes; listen for clicking noise of the flaps.
- Make sure end cap is not blocked.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820