Ventilation Hood Control Stem Broken or Knob Will Not Turn
- Knob spins freely on Ventilation Hood fan or light
- Light or fan control stem spins freely
- Fan or light control stem will not turn
- Knob will not turn on Ventilation Hood fan or light
- Control knob or stem, fan knob or stem, light knob or stem, is stuck
- Knob does not turn
- Broken knob
- Broken control
- Verify that the knob is not broken.
- Verify that no food debris or other blockage is preventing the stem from proper operation.
- If the control stem will not turn:
- Attempt to turn the knob with a pair of pliers.
- A small amount of WD-40 or Liquid Wrench applied at the base of the knob stem may help.
- If the control stem is broken in any way, service is necessary to expertly repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- If the Ventilation Hood control stem spins freely, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Service is needed for repair.
- If the control stem is pushed up into the hood, no further troubleshooting is available. Service is needed for repair.
If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820