Ventilation Hood Has Poor Airflow
- Hood does not pull or draw enough air
- Blower motor not working as expected or as well as expected
- Hood does not draw air or has poor air flow
Many factors could contribute to poor ventilation performance. If any of the following do not comply with Wolf guidelines, a qualified HVAC professional may need to review the ventilation installation.
- Verify the equivalent duct run is not greater than 40' for downdrafts or 50' for all other ventilation hoods.
- A second damper installed in the ventilation ductwork could contribute to a vacuum within the ductwork, causing performance issues.
- A make-up air damper may be needed, as a lack of make-up air contributes to a vacuum within the ductwork, causing performance issues. Refer to Make-Up Air Damper for more information.
- See also, Ventilation Hood Blower Does Not Operate.
Refer to the Blower Motor Compatibility Chart for more information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820