Wolf Product Knob Cosmetic Concerns
- Why is a replacement knob dull when the old knob was shiny on a Dual Fuel (DF) Range, Induction (IR) Range, Sealed Burner Rangetop (SRT), or GR Series Gas Range?
- Why does the oven knob not match the surface burner knobs on a DF?
- Why are the knobs fading, bubbling, or peeling?
Dual Fuel Range, Induction Range, GR Gas Range, and Sealed Burner Rangetop (SRT)
- Over time and with use, the knobs will take on a "shiny" appearance as they wear.
- If a new knob is used to replace an older knob, it is likely that the newer knob will not appear "shiny" compared to the older knobs.
- This is normal and eventually the new knob will look like the older "shiny" knobs as well.
- Current Dual Fuel Range knobs are metal inside and the exterior is a robust plastic material to reduce heat transfer and provide a better color match.
- Dual Fuel Range surface burner knobs were previously made of zinc, and the oven knob was plastic because it houses a control display. These knobs appear different because they are made of different material.
- Oily hands, certain cleaning products, chemicals, grease splatters, spillovers, and cooking temperature are a few of the factors that can affect these knobs and the fan and light switch buttons.
Ventilation Hoods, RT Rangetop, R Gas Range, and CT Cooktops
- There is a protectant coating on all Wolf knobs, but the knobs are still susceptible to fading, bubbling, or peeling over time.
- Oily hands, certain cleaning products, chemicals, grease splatters, spillovers, and cooking temperature are a few of the factors that can affect these knobs.
BBQ and OG Grills
- Knobs are exposed to sunlight, even with use of a grill cover; fading can happen over time.
- OG Outdoor Grill knobs have an added clear coat that has a UV protective element to it to prevent fading.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820