Convection Steam Oven Cookware Suggestions
- Is glass, Pyrex, ceramic, silicone, steel, iron, or cast iron cookware safe to use in the Convection Steam Oven (CSO)?
- What cookware is safe to use in the CSO24?
- Does Wolf offer cookware suggestions for the Convection Steam Oven?
- What kind of cookware can be used in the CSO?
- Are special pans needed for cooking in a CSO?
- Most oven safe cookware is safe for use in the Convection Steam Oven (CSO), such as glass-ceramic, Pyrex, and heatproof glass.
- Do not use cookware that would not go in a normal oven. Tupperware and similar containers are not oven safe.
- Special pans are not required but the unit comes with some pans for cooking. See Convection Steam Oven Pans for details on what is included.
- The only limitations are for cookware that specifies a maximum temperature for use. In this case, verify that the maximum acceptable temperature is higher than the CSO maximum temperature of 445°F (230°C).
- Steel, cast iron, or porous cookware such as bake stones should not be used in the CSO. It is possible that moisture created during the steam process could cause these items to rust.
- Regardless of cookware used, nothing should ever be placed on the floor of the CSO. Cookware should be placed only on the CSO's racks.
- For information on the use of foil in the CSO, refer to Use of Aluminum Foil in a Convection Steam Oven.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820