- Should the condenser fan motor on a Sub-Zero run continuously?
- Why does the fan motor run all the time?
- Unit never shuts off, even when the controls are turned off
- Does the fan turn on and off or should it stay on?
- If the fan motor does turn off, what controls it?
- Does the fan blow air into the condenser or suck air through the condenser?
Condenser fans draw outside air into the condenser. The fan pulls air in through the condenser.
Any Sub-Zero model listed in the table below has a condenser fan motor that runs continuously.
- It is possible for the condenser fan motor to run on these models, even if the Sub-Zero is turned off at the thermostat.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Serial Tag Locations for more information.
|Model #|| |
Condenser Fan Motor Runs 100% of the Time
|511||(M/P*) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964470 to (M) 964769]|
|532||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964770 to (M) 965069 & (M) 990700 to (M) 990999]|
|550||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 964070 to (M) 964469 & (M) 984750 to (M) 985149]|
|561||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M) 965470 to (M) 965869]|
|590||(M/P) prior to serial number 1004775 [except between (M/P) 965870 to (M/P) 966269]|
|427R||prior to serial number 1944319|
*M indicates product made in Madison, WI; P indicates product made in Phoenix, AZ.
Any Sub-Zero model not listed above has a condenser fan motor that cycles on and off based on compressor run time.
- If the condenser fan motor on a unit after the serial number listed below is running continuously, Clean the Condenser.
- The compressors also make a fan noise when running, refer to Compressor Run Time for more information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820