- Can a full-size or undercounter Sub-Zero unit be installed as freestanding?
- How to install a freestanding Sub-Zero instead of built-in
- Convert built-in Sub-Zero to freestanding
- What are the requirements to install a Sub-Zero as freestanding?
- Are stainless steel tops available?
- Do Sub-Zero models have a finished top?
Any Sub-Zero product can be freestanding.
- The unit must be placed with either a blocking kit, anchoring kit, anti-tip bracket, or a combination of these for safe installation.
- All Sub-Zero products have unfinished sides except model 424FS freestanding Wine Storage unit.
- Sub-Zero offers side panels for 500 Series, 600 Series, Classic Series, models 430, WS-30, and 648PRO.
- Side panel dimensions for these models are available to make custom wood or other material panels.
- For all other models, the unfinished sides must be covered by some finished material to be presentable.
- Specifications for this type of side panel coverage are not available.
- This includes 700 Series, Undercounter Series, models 427 and 427R.
- All Sub-Zero products have an unfinished top except when designated by model number as freestanding (ex. 424FS/G).
- A custom top would need to be created to cover this area; dimensions are not available.
- Custom tops can be attached using any method that does not involve installing screws into the unit. Consider using adhesives or attaching custom tops to the adjacent wall.
- The Designer (formerly Integrated) and has top covers and side panels available as sales accessories.
- The 648PRO has a top cover available as a sales accessory.
Refer to the product Installation Guide or Sub-Zero Design Guide for design information. Contact a Factory Certified Installer for further installation information. Contact a Local Dealer for further sales information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820