Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Light Bulbs
- Where to purchase replacement light bulbs for Classic series (BI) units
- Replace or change BI light bulbs
- How long should light bulbs last?
- What size is the light bulb?
- Can blue or LED light bulbs be used as a replacement bulb in older models?
LED bulbs do not go out immediately when turned off. They slowly fade when the door switch is pressed. This is normal.
- Longevity will vary based on how often the doors are opened and for how long per opening. Blue glass light bulbs have a life expectancy of 1000 hours.
Replace Light Bulb
- Remove the light diffuser to gain access to the light bulbs. See also, Classic Series (BI) Light Diffuser Removal and Installation.
- Remove the bulb by turning counterclockwise.
- Install the new bulb by turning clockwise.
- Install the light diffuser.
Purchase Light Bulbs
Other bulbs available in stores will fit Sub-Zero products, but the light color will not match.
- Alternate bulbs need a T10, medium base, 40W appliance bulb.
- Standard 40W appliance bulbs that fit these specifications tend to be yellowish.
- Standard appliance bulbs are available in local hardware or home improvement stores.
Starting with serial number 4380000
Prior to serial number 4380000
- There is one bulb found in the crisper area of refrigeration units.
- The crisper light bulb is the same as the overhead lighting.
- Model BI-42UFD has two bulbs in the crisper area.
|Model||# of Bulbs in Refrigerator||# of Bulbs in Freezer||Part Number|
|BI-30U||3||1||Prior to serial # 4380000: 7006999|
Starting with serial # 4380000:
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820