Sub-Zero Hollow or Small Ice Cubes
- What can be done to fix hollow ice cubes?
- Ice maker produces small ice cubes
- Small or hollow ice
- Warm freezer temperatures
- Ice maker issue
- Verify no service messages, icons, or error codes appear.
- Verify the freezer temperature is below 5°F.
- Temperatures above 5°F can affect ice maker performance.
- Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Verify unit's condenser has been cleaned within the last 3-6 months. Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
- Make sure there are no recent plumbing or water pressure issues in the home.
- If water pressure in the home is fine, sediment in the house supply line can decrease pressure to the unit.
- If installed, make sure the in-line water filter is not expired.
- Some models have water filters built in, and some may have external water filters connected to them.
- For Undercounter Ice Maker UC-15I, refer to Sub-Zero Model UC-15I Ice Maker Cube Size, Shape, and Weight.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
See also, Sub-Zero Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820