Sub-Zero Ice Maker Ice Block or Water Leaking
- Why is the ice bin filled with a solid block of ice?
- Why is the ice bucket filled with water or ice build-up?
- Water leaking or overflowing continuously from ice maker area
- Water for the ice maker will not turn off
- Jammed ice cube
- Water valve not operating properly
- Water fill setting is incorrect or needs adjustment
- Low water pressure to the unit causes water valve not to work, water line or fill tube to freeze, or water to overflow
- Make sure the ice bin is level and is seated in place.
- If it is on rails, make sure the rails are pushed in all the way.
- If it was misaligned, it may take up to 24 hours to see new ice production.
- Turn Ice Maker Off and verify it is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes in the ice maker assembly, fill tube, and fill cup.
- Remove obstructions using fingers.
- It may be necessary to defrost the freezer to clear the ice maker. Refer to Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- If water is flowing in the ice maker area, remove the ice bin to see if water stops flowing.
- Turn off the water supply source to the unit. See Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location.
- If there are still issues with ice blocks or water leaking in the ice maker area, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820