Designer Series (IT, IC, IW) Dual Installation with Classic Series (BI)
- When installing Classic series (BI) product next to a Designer series (IT, IC, IW) Sub-Zero, which dual installation heater kit should be used?
- Can a 700 Series unit be installed next to a BI product?
- Can a Designer product be installed alongside a 700 Series model?
- Can a Designer Wine Storage Product (IW) be installed alongside a Classic series model?
- What heater kit should be used to install a Designer product next to a BI Series?
- BI installed next to a Designer refrigeration unit
- Can a BI be in a dual installation with a 700 Series model?
- IT or IC installed next to a BI
When installing two different series next to one another, like a Classic (BI) and 700 Series or a Designer (IT, IC) and 700 Series model, and you do not have the minimum 2" filler, use the heater from either dual installation kit.
- Sub-Zero does not offer specifications for this type of installation. Sub-Zero suggests using a minimum 2" filler strip between a Classic series and 700 Series or Designer product or Designer and 700 Series model.
- The trim provided with either dual heater kit will not fit when placing different series of products next to each other.
- A custom filler piece is necessary to close the gap at the top.
- A bracket to hold the units together at the top is not available.
- The only component of the dual installation kit that will be used for this type of installation is the heater.
- The dual heater kit is typically placed on the right side of a Classic series unit and the left side of all other units.
- Door handles will not align when placed side by side.
- See also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820