Mold Prevention When Storing a Refrigerator
- Can mold grown in a refrigerator when it is in storage?
- How to prevent mold when storing a refrigerator
- Other considerations to take when storing a refrigerator prior to installation for any period of time
Answer:Mold should not form inside a refrigerator when in storage as long as the unit was not turned on and operated first.
- Store appliances in cool, dry areas when possible.
- If the unit ran prior to storing, remove the water filter if applicable and prop the doors slightly ajar to prevent mold formation.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820